|“||I happen to like watching land people, okay? Now can we have some shush?||”|
— Nixie to Sirena and Lyla.
|Season 1, Episode 1|
|Air date||July 26,2013|
|Written by||Sam Carroll|
|Directed by||Evan Clarry|
Outcasts is the first episode of Season 1 in Mako Mermaids.
PlotEditAquata and Maya tell them to go on with their duties. Nixie asks why can't she celebrate with the mermaid pod, but they say once they pass their test they will join the mermaid pod and celebrate. They go to Lyla and she says she will take the foreshore and they take the rest.
Nixie and Sirena help young boys Zac and Cam catch a fish. The boys then decide to camp out on Mako Island. That night Zac finds the Trident Cave, and puts his hand in the trident shape on the wall, but then the floor disappeared from under him, and he fell into the Moon Pool. This causes him to receive a blue tail and powers.
The 3 mermaids tell the mermaid pod that they blame them even though it wasn't their fault. Sirena, Lyla and Nixie decide to follow him to see what he does and to see if he has powers. He nearly shows cam his powers but the mermaids take control of the water so it doesn't work. He then falls in the ocean and discovers he has a tail.
After the Mermaids return to the Island. Aquata tells them they are being cast out and she gives Sirena her moon ring. Zac then shows Cam his tail and powers.
- Amy Ruffle as Sirena
- Lucy Fry as Lyla
- Ivy Latimer as Nixie
- Chai Romruen as Zac Blakely
- Dominic Deutscher as Cam
- Gemma Forsyth as Evie
- A three minute sneak peek of this episode was released.
- The main characters alongside supporting and recurring characters Evie, David, Cam and Aquata are introduced.
- Sirena is the only mermaid who did not use her powers in this episode.
- A new entrance to the Moon Pool is introduced.
- Theme song "I Just Wanna Be", written by Chantelle Defina & Jack Dacy and performed by Amy Ruffle, is introduced.
the first 13 episodes of Mako Mermaids debuted on Netflix to an international audience in 120 countries on July 26, 2013. The final 13 episodes will follow in September. The deal with Netflix also brings a commitment to a second series with hopes for a third. The series was filmed from May 08 to October 12, 2012.
Zac: You aren't cauthing anything.
Cam: You are just worried i'll catch something before you do.
Sirena: Land People. Can you imagine living withouth a tail.
Nixie: Let's give them a hand cauthing something.
Cam: I caught the fish you do the tent.
To view the Outcasts transcript, click here.
- When Zac came out of water as a merman infront of his garage he dried himself, but when he return into a human form the floor was still wet and there was water on, but he didn't change into a merman.
| To view the Outcasts gallery, click here.